Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hit-or-Miss Quilts

Hit-or-Miss quilts are made by quilters who leave some of the quilt design process to chance. Each quilter decides how to give up control of some part of the process, either by reaching into a paper bag without looking and sewing patches in the order that they emerge, or by some other method, and there are many. Perhaps one method will appeal to you, or you will invent your own.

This will be an Open Exhibit, so you are invited to share a photo of your Hit-or-Miss style quilt. Email a photo, the title of your quilt, and your name to karen@onlinequiltmuseum.com. Tell us the "recipe" you used to incorporate chance in your design. Include the code HIT in your Email subject.

4 comments:

patchworkmaniac said...

I don't know what it is but I think this quilt is just wonderful - perhaps the simplicity of the design enhances the colours - don't know but I can't take my eyes off it.

nifty quilts said...

I love this quilt! Your golden color scheme, set of with grey, is brilliant! Very inspiring. Thanks!

Mary said...

This is a gorgeous use of color. I adore it.

Kyra said...

The colors here are so alive!